Monday, January 27, 2014

Broken Age, Act One

Well that's not a bad cliffhanger.

I can't help but wonder, though - was this always planned for the story, or were plot points massaged to get things into place for this act-one closer?

I'd been neglecting Broken Age since I got OlliOlli (although PC games always take lower priority over basically any other platform, for me), but after being urged by a friend to see it through - mostly just so he had someone to talk to about it, I think - I sat down this evening to polish off the first part.

The writing keeps up a magnificent quality throughout, and the puzzles - especially the ones that frustrated me enough to look up a solution online - had me facepalming at how obvious they were in hindsight, which is always the mark of smart design.

My mind's still turning that ending over and over, trying to figure out what it all means, but mostly I'm just desperate for the second installment, now.

No comments: